Sunday, January 7, 2018

Classic Mint Chocolate Brownies

As for the garden of mint, the very smell of it alone recovers and refreshes our spirits....." --Pliny the Elder

In our family,  we are big fans of grasshopper pie.  We even switched out a green grasshopper pie (made with creme de menthe) to a red "ladybug" pie (made with peppermint schnapps) for Christmas - and to be honest, it wasn't really the same.  So I have had my eye on these Classic Mint Chocolate Brownies by Sally's Baking Addiction for a long time now, and decided that it was time to give them a try.


(Picture from Sally's Baking Addiction.)


I am usually a stickler for following a recipe to a T.  However, although I was POSITIVE I had peppermint extract, there was none to be found in the cupboard.  What to do, what to do?  So I had to be creative, and I thought to what I use for our grasshopper pie, which is creme de menthe.  Is it okay to put that in a brownie?  Well, my kids eat it in pie, so I figured it would be okay.  And it was delicious - didn't taste boozy at all.  And while my kids liked it, they said the best part was the ganache topping, and we could have skipped the mint part in the middle.


From my board "Eat Dessert First."

No comments:

Post a Comment