Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Melted Crayon Ornaments

"Every child is an artist."
--Pablo Picasso

This is one of my all time favorite things that I have seen on Pinterest.


The first tricky part was finding the clear ornaments.  They must be glass!  Plastic will melt when trying to do this craft.

Second thing, and this is the most important.  This is NOT a craft that a child can do by him or herself.  Why?  The bulbs get so darn hot with the hairdryer, that you can't even touch them.  I had to use an oven mitt to hold them, and even then, I could feel the heat coming through the glove.

 
 

 
 
 
We swirled ours around a lot more so that it coated the entire inside.  It took me a while to figure out how to manipulate the bulbs, but the boys actually liked them better this way.  The ornaments I purchased had this kind of rainbow-esque opalescence in the middle, so it gave it sort of an ethereal kind of look, which is kind of cool. 
 
Anyway, everyone LOVED these ornaments and they really stood out on the Christmas trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment