Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Tree Napkin Folding

"Much of the charm of origami lies in its simplicity:  There is the square, there are the folds." -- Robert Lang

When I was a young girl, I loved doing origami.  I remember my parents taking me to the Metropolitan Museum of art in NYC and there was a huge Christmas tree with all these origami cranes and other things on it.  In fact, one year, I created a Christmas tree with only origami shapes on it.  I contributed it to the local Art Museum where it got auctioned off.  

So it didn't surprise me that when I saw a tutorial on how to fold a napkin into a Christmas tree, I was going to be all over that.  The problem was, I didn't have any green napkins.  As I was racing around town getting last minute Chrismtas shopping done, I was looking for napkins.  Every place was basically sold out, but I did manage to find some at Kohl's at the last minute.  I knew they weren't a perfect match, but I figured they would do the job in a pinch.  

DIY tag had simple, easy to follow directions with a video too.




Very easy and now I can do it for memory.



I would definitely look for some thicker and/or stiffer napkins.  Or launder these and iron them with a little starch.  I can't wait for the boys to see it.  I think they're going to be impressed.

From my board "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"

No comments:

Post a Comment