Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bookmark Corner Characters

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world.  Love of books is the best of all." -- Jacqueline Kennedy


I LOVE things on Pinterest that I can do with my family.  Especially crafts for kids.  I saw these adorable little bookmarks and few months ago and knew we would have tbe making them at some point.  I found them pinned by CTBaker in the acres, who pinned them from someone else.  Bookmark Critters  And aren't they cute?
 
So W had a bazaar or fair or something at school.  I guess they are learning economics (in 3rd grade!!!  Can you believe it?!?!?!)  He came home having to learn concepts such as supply and demand, product, consumer, etc.  They had to make around 20 of something to sell for 25 cents each.  This is his lesson for school, so I was being a mean mommy and actually required HIM to make the product.  So it had to be something easy.  And I thought of these.  
 
He already likes to do origami, and these take only like 6 easy folds.  I found very cute animal print origami paper at Michael's for about 5 dollars.  And we added some googly eyes for added cuteness.  Here is what he came up with.
 

There was also a snake and elephant and zebra. 

They were a smashing success.  He sold out except for these which he had put aside to keep.  And  I was shocked at some of the junk he bought that other kids made.  (tin foil balls with straws sticking out, paper footballs).  Obviously their moms are not on Pinterest.

(From my board "Every child is an artist.")


No comments:

Post a Comment