Monday, June 17, 2013

End of the Year Teacher Gift

"No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks"

-- Peter Chbosky


One of my favorite finds on Pinterest  are gifts you can give to teachers and coaches, etc.  I never know what to get them.  My teacher friends all assure me that anything knick-knacks with apples or teaching quotes are really not appreciated.  They want something useful.  And food/gift cards are always appreciated.  I hate just giving gift cards out though.  I feel like absolutely no thought goes into that.  So I try to find fun, yet useful things that the teachers may like and appreciate.

I found this cute idea from Sisters, Sisters.  It's an End of the Year Teacher Gift Idea and you can find it here.








The really nice thing is that it has a free printable tag.  This is awesome for me, because I am not paint or photoshop savvy at all.  So if it's already done, and available, I see no reason to reinvent the wheel.
This is the cute tag.

They were super easy to put together and not expensive.  I got everything at WalMart.  The towels were under $5.00.  Probably the most expensive things were the travel-size sunscreen.  I added a bag of candy to each, and tied them up with matching ribbon that I already had at home.  Less than $10.00 per teacher.  Totally worth it for everything they do for my kids.  And hopefully something that they can use over the summer.




Mr. M (B's teacher) is from New England, so his towel had lobsters on it, as well as his favorite candy, York Peppermint Patties.  Mrs. Y (W's teacher) had a fun tropical floral towel.  As you can see, you can completely personalize these for whomever you give them to.  This one is definitely a keeper for another year!

(From my board "To Teach is to learn twice.")

No comments:

Post a Comment