Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fourth of July Clothespin Wreath

"The red and white and starry blue

Is freedom's shield and hope."

-- John Philip Sousa 

I love being crafty, and I don't do it anywhere near enough.  I love the look of those burlap-type wreaths, but I don't think I have the patience to deal with the looping or whatever it is you have to do.  I like things simple.  So when I found this Fourth of July Clothespin Wreath by Missbutterbean, I knew that it fit my needs exactly.  

This was super easy to make.  The most expensive part was the wire wreath frame which I could only find at Michael's.  I went home and made it in a day (you have to allow drying time).  I was so impressed with myself and my finished product, that I made two more, for my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law.  I would have kept going but I ran out of paint and clothespins by the time the Fourth of July rolled around.


From my board "You're a grand old flag."

No comments:

Post a Comment