Friday, November 27, 2015

Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta

"Squatternut Bosh" - Ross from Friends


I have been looking at this pin for a little while now.  I knew I wanted to make it for Thanksgiving because it's so colorful and festive and let's face it.  The flavors just scream Thanksgiving at you.  But the feta cheese part has been throwing me off this whole time.  Now don't get me wrong.  I probably love feta cheese more than anybody else in the world, but just because you CAN add feta cheese to something, doesn't mean that you necessarily should.

So this yummy recipe for Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta was posted by peas and crayons.  Doesn't it look delicious?

I thought mine looked pretty good, until now I've posted the two pictures side by side.  Maybe I should have added the feta.  But no.  This is really a sweet dish with the cinammon and honey, and feta is really for savory dishes.  (And forgive the lettuce garnish.  My sister-in-law who was trying to help, thought that would be a good addition.  It isn't.)


From my board "Vegetables are a must."

No comments:

Post a Comment